This quick and easy recipe is a great way to use your leftover, stale bread AND make breakfast ahead of time! And you can modify the recipe to use your favorite variety of Lewis Bake Shop bread!
- 14 Slices Lewis Bake Shop Thick Sliced Texas Toast (or 18 slices of traditional sliced bread)
- 2 Cups Milk
- 6 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin (regular size or large muffin tin will work) with cooking spray.
- Cut bread into cubes and place in a bowl and set aside. Mix milk, eggs, vanilla, sugar and cinnamon in another bowl.
- Pour milk mixture over bread and mix until all of the milk mixture has be absorbed by the bread. Divide mixture into your muffin tin.
- Place your muffin tin in the oven. If you are using a standard muffin tin, bake for 20-25 minutes. If using a large muffin tin, bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Garnish with powder sugar or syrup (or both!) and enjoy.
Note: Store in your refrigerator for three days for an easy breakfast!